Friday, July 23, 2010

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:34 PM Cape Town Time- My Dorm (LBG)


I think all the running around I've been doing is beginning to catch up with me because I'm really tired right now so this entry may be short. Glad I'm keeping this journal because a lot of the days are starting to run together. Today we had the morning free so I did some reading and fully unpacked. Went to the full international office orientation.


The talks were pretty similar but they brought campus and local police to talk about safety. They said some pretty scary stuff but I'm trying to read between the lines and figure out what safety concerns are legitimate and what mostly apply to reckless (read:drunk) white folks who are loud and rocking foreign university hoodies that automatically give them away. We shall see. Walked around campus a little more today, which was good.

They did a drum session at the end of orientation. That was pretty cool but it was pretty funny we were using West African drums (I've used them plenty in the past but can't spell the name, phonetically it's JEM-BAY). They did acknowledge that though so it's all good I guess. After that I ate and headed back to the dorm. I'm tired.


"keep on pushin'…"

-pharoahe monch


peace,

nate


ps. lost my phone. i'm annoyed. oh well.


pps. i'm ready for the rest of the students to get here and class to start so i can get things rolling…

No comments: