Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monday, August 2, 2010, 11:37 PM Cape Town Time- My Dorm (LBG)

Mondays kind of suck everywhere. Not that today was bad, just a slow day. Had lectures and such. That was the bulk of my day. I did have the first meeting of my study abroad seminar. That was decent. We're going to take a trip to Johannesburg with that class so that should be tight. In the seminar we had a discussion about people's names and what they mean and things like that. It got me thinking about how my family has a tendency to name people after each other. I've always thought it was important because it's one of the main ways that we link ourselves to our history and remember it. I think that linkage can be particularly important for Black Americans because of the truncated nature of our history. We start volunteering tomorrow which I am excited about. I expect that will be a longer entry. This is all for now.

"my parents went and chose my MC name at birth"

-george watsky

No comments: