Friday, August 6, 2010

Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 11:43 PM Cape Town Time- My Dorm (LBG)

Apparently today was a day of getting signals crossed and wrong. Haha.  I was supposed to start volunteering at Young in Prison today but apparently it won't be until next week. We have a meeting for it tomorrow. I also accidentally missed my first African Poetry seminar. I slick forgot the class was on Wednesday and got some food instead. Oh well, I have it tomorrow so hopefully everything will be fine.  Other than that it was a good day.

Went to the Wednesday cipher. It was dope and there was a pretty big crowd today. Afterwards got a chance to talk to a bunch of MCs. One of them ended up being the president of the Hip Hop Club. I went ahead and officially joined the club also. A few of us had a good conversation about hip-hop and the state of it internationally and also in Cape Town. I also met a cat who has a studio in his dorm and he lives 2 floors above me!  Shaft in Africa: The EP? Perhaps. But anyway everything else is good. Catching up in my class readings. They give a ton of reading here. That's most of my day.

Cooked chicken and rice tonight. I be cooking yo. I can do chicken a ton of ways now plus I can do pasta and rice and other stuff. Just put me in the kitchen with some chicken and Italian dressing and get out the way.

Also emailed with the guy at LEAP School. I might do a program there where I teach kids how to rap. Oh yes. I will train an entire generation of African Illuminate Mics Mini Me's. Be nervous. All for now.

"this is dope school, i'm dean here"

-mikkey halsted

peace,

nate

No comments: