Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sunday, August 1, 2010, 11:01 PM Cape Town Time- My Dorm (LBG)

Today was a pretty relaxed day. I took it easy and did some homework. Went grocery shopping and cooked dinner. Had a good long conversation with my homegirl Blue. The convo made me reminisce about Brave New Voices and LTaB and how much I miss performing. Also finished my press release and sent it out to a few people. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to book a few shows when I get back stateside. That would be great.

Today got me thinking about my goals and how I've gone about accomplishing them in the past. I think I'm a pretty productive person but I really want to get more organized and waste less time. As much as I do now I feel like I could twice as much if I was more focused. This summer for instance. I was able to release a chapbook and an EP but I didn't get a lot of work done on putting together the poetry anthology with Kevin as I wanted to. I also didn't get to do some of the things I wanted to do with my family. I get a lot of opportunities in life and I want to make sure that I take full advantage.

This is also the week that the Louder Than a Bomb film has its run in New York for DocuWeeks. I really pray that it is well received. Aside from my personal ego I really believe in the film. I think it's very dope and it showcases a great program that saved my life and can do the same for countless youth. I think that the movie Jon Siskel and Greg Jacobs made is one that improves the world. I think it deserves as wide an audience as anything I've seen in a long time. That's word.

I need to get back to this history homework. This reading has all kinda snuck up on me and now I need to do that thing I was talking about before. grind.

"please don't take it personal, but i gotta go and work some more…"

-blu

peace,

nate

 

No comments: